- SCHIEx Consumer FAQs (PDF)
- SCHIEx Technical FAQs (PDF)
- SCHIEx EXCHANGE Interoperability Questionnaire (PDF)
- SCHIEx Overview & Technology Model Key Points v1.6 (PDF)
- Sample SCHIEx Patient Brochure (PDF)
- Suggested Onboarding Considerations (PDF)
- SCHIEx Interoperability Services Guide (PDF)
- Cross-enterprise Document Sharing (XDS) Repository (PDF)
- SCHIEx Business Associate Agreement (PDF)
- SCHIEx Notice of Participation wOpt Out v3 (PDF)
- SCHIEx Notice of Participation wOpt Out v 3 TRANSLATED SPANISH (PDF)
- SCHIEx Cancel My Opt Out (PDF)
- SCHIEx Cancel My Opt Out – TRANSLATED SPANISH (PDF)
- Privacy and Security (PDF)
- SCHIEx Subscription Fee Schedule for 2015 (revised May 2015) (PDF)
- Role Identification (PDF)
- Notice to Individuals (PDF)
- Distribution of Notice (PDF)
- Opt Out (PDF)
- Training (PDF) (PDF)
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Incentive Programs
Official website providing up-to-date, detailed information about the Electronic Health Record (EHR) incentive programs.
- Department of Health and Human Services: Health Information Technology
Includes information about DHHS funding opportunities, HITECH programs, ONC initiatives and the latest announcements regarding HIT and EHR developments from the federal government.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Health Information Technology
Includes information about AHRQ funding opportunities, health IT tools, a health IT knowledge library and press releases.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Includes specific information about the health and human service programs (such as the HITECH Act and associated Rules) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that are implemented and managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Center for Information Technology Implementation Assistance (CITIA-SC)
Regional extension center to assist with implementation of electronic health record (EHR) systems in primary care practices throughout the state of South Carolina. CITIA-SC has started the process of developing a preferred EHR vendor list and group purchasing options.
- Health Information Technology Summits of South Carolina and SCDHHS – CMS and Medicaid Electronic Health Record(EHR) Incentive Program Information
Contains information and content from all of the past HIT summits hosted by SCDHHS, as well as registration information for upcoming summits. It also provides links to HIT news feeds and breaking HIT news.
- Palmetto HIT Network
The Palmetto HIT Network is a statewide initiative to advance the use of electronic health records (EHR).
Professional Associations & Non-Profits
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
AHIMA is the association of health information management professionals, and actively monitors and develops resources to assist in understanding the key components of the HITECH Act and their impact on industry and practice.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
HIMSS is a comprehensive healthcare-stakeholder membership organization exclusively focused on providing leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. The HIMSS web site includes tools, resources and educational opportunities to equip and educate its members and others to make sound strategic decisions on the implications of the HITECH Act.
- The Markle Foundation
Markle’s Health initiatives focus on the development of policies to help consumers and clinicians improve the health of all citizens, and accelerate the use and implementation of new technologies to strengthen the nation’s health care system.